The Editors of the Problemy Polityki Społecznej/Social Policy Issues invite original paper submissions for a Special Issue: Welfare state and social policies in the CEE region: past developments, present challenges and prospects for the future.
By CEE region we mean a large group of countries including Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine as well as sub-country regions, e.g. east of Germany. The Editors particularly invite papers that discuss the results of empirical studies, but theoretical papers are welcome as well if they bring conceptual novelty. Researchers are encouraged to submit comparative papers, as well as case studies focused on one country/region, related to such areas as (but not limited to):
- post-communist legacy in the transformations of the welfare states;
- the specificity of welfare/care regimes in the region;
- the policy processes behind transformation of social policies (incl. family policy, housing policy, health policy, labour market policy and others);
- the impacts of specific social policies on different aspects of the broadly understood well-being of societies;
- welfare and solidarity attitudes;
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on social policies in the region.
Editors: Maria Theiss & Anna Kurowska (University of Warsaw)
Deadline for submission of papers: 30 December 2020
Publication of the issue (planned): mid 2021
The best paper submitted to this Special Issue that meets the highest standards for a scientific publication will be awarded a prize of 400 euro.
More information at www.problemypolitykispolecznej.pl/en.